The UConn Foundation maintains a 360 degree risk management program to safeguard its endowed and non--endowed investments.
- Risk minimization is one of the three objectives of the UConn Foundation’s investment program.
- Investment decisions are based on better risk adjusted returns and downside protection.
- Investment portfolio is well diversified across asset classes, strategies, markets, and investment managers.
- Manager selection is based on stringent quantitative and qualitative due-diligence process.
- Independent risk consultant provides integrated risk assessment on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Risk reporting is part of the culture.